Food Poisoning Liability
When the companies responsible for producing what we eat fail to observe state and federal laws governing food safety, it can lead to serious health consequences for consumers. If you’ve suffered a severe bout of food poisoning, Jersey City injury lawyer Anthony Carbone can fight for the restitution you deserve.
Outbreaks of contaminated food can affect thousands of people. If the food you’ve eaten and the illness you’ve contracted correspond to a major contaminant outbreak, it could strengthen your case against multiple parties in the food’s production, transit and sale, including:
- The farm, factory or other entity responsible for manufacturing and processing the food
- Shipping companies that transported the food
- A grocery store or other retailer that sold you the contaminated food
Tracing the contamination to its source is a vital component of any food poisoning action. Though this can be difficult due to the delay that often occurs between consumption of contaminated food and the development of symptoms, our Jersey City injury lawyer will review a variety of evidence to build a strong case on your behalf.
Mr. Carbone will examine details about the case such as:
- Your medical records, including symptoms, test results and any treatments you received for foodborne illness
- Receipts and other records showing where you bought the food and when
- Scientific tests for disease-causing agents, including a stool sample or (if possible) an uneaten sample of the food from the same package as the item you believe made you sick
If you’ve suffered from a foodborne illness, please contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone or call 201-963-6000 today to schedule an initial evaluation of your case. Our dedicated injury lawyer is proud to fight for the rights of clients in or around Jersey City, New Jersey.