You hear about it in the news all the time – another recall is issued for a faulty product. It seems like each year, the number of defective products increases. But when you are injured by a faulty product, you’re going to need a good attorney to help win your case.
For 30 years, Jersey City personal injury attorney Anthony Carbone has been fighting on behalf of his clients who have been injured by faulty products. Whether it’s an automobile recall, a dangerous child product, or malfunctioning medical device, our product liability lawyer is prepared to get you the compensation that you deserve.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is an area of the law which hold manufacturers or sellers responsible for placing a defective product into a consumer’s hands. The responsible party could be anyone who has distributed the product, such as:
- The manufacturer of the product
- The manufacturer of the product’s parts
- The part responsible for the product’s assembly
- The wholesaler
- The store that sold the product
The faulty product must have been sold in the marketplace; for instance, if you bought the item at a garage sale and it malfunctioned when you used it, the seller cannot be held responsible for your injuries.
Types of Defective Products
There are generally three types of defects that would cause injury and lead to a product liability claim against the manufacturer and/or supplier:
- Design defects – There is a design flaw in the product which is causing the defect that lead to your injury.
- Manufacturing defects – Something that happened while the product was being assembled had caused the defect.
- Marketing defects – There’s a flaw in the way the product was being marketed, such as improper labeling, insufficient instructions, or lack of safety warnings.
Contact our Product Liability Lawyer Now
If you have suffered from an injury or lost a loved one because of a defective product, contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone to schedule a free consultation. We are now accepting clients from Jersey City, Newark, North Bergen, and anywhere else in New Jersey.