What Not To Do After a Car Accident
Posted February 13th, 2014 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Auto Accidents.
Earlier this week, we discussed what you should do after a car accident. With the winter weather back with a vengeance, (stay safe out there!) we believe that you should now know what not to do when there’s an accident. Here we go:
- Drive away from the scene before the arrival of the police. This could get you into serious hot water and you can face serious fines.
- Neglect to call 911. Let’s say the other driver says he doesn’t think the police need to get involved. Yet, you find out later that the driver had told his insurance company you hit his car instead of what really happened. Since there’s no official record, there’s no one to back up your claim.
- Get upset. It is a trying time, but getting mad and screaming does not help the situation at all.
- Never forget to exchange insurance information, even if the other driver wants to settle without getting the insurance companies involved.
- Ignore the situation. We all want to put a bad incident behind us. But not facing the situation could make things worse for you. There may be a conflict down the road and it’s better to face the problem head on instead of waiting until the last minute.
Did you get into a car accident? Let Jersey City personal injury lawyer Anthony Carbone help you! We will fight to get you what you deserve. Contact us today. For more information on car accidents, click here.