Going Out This Halloween Night? Stay Safe.
Posted October 31st, 2014 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Personal Injury.
Happy Halloween, everyone! It’s the scariest time of the year, when all the ghosts, witches, and monsters come out to play. But it can also be a scary time for adults who may see their little trick-or-treaters get injured.
The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone wants everyone to stay safe this Halloween. Here are some tips to keep in mind before going out, from the National Safety Council:
- Don’t go out alone! Make sure there’s an adult, especially for children under 12.
- Make sure your child stays in familiar neighborhoods that are well-lit.
- Choose a specific time your child should return.
- Give your child a flashlight or glow sticks so they are visible in the dark
- Be careful in the streets! Follow all traffic safety rules and don’t run.
- Check your child’s treats before letting them eat anything. If there is something suspicious, throw it out.
- Keep close attention when driving through neighborhoods. Watch for any children darting out between parked cars.
- Be careful when leaving driveways or alleys. Make sure no one is walking by as you are pulling out
- Prevent teens from driving tonight. There’s too many distractions out on the road for drivers less experienced.
- Keep an eye out for children in dark clothing
- And no distractions! Put away the cell phone.
Here’s hoping everyone has a great Halloween with a lot of treats and not that many tricks. If you get into legal trouble, then give us a call. We’ll help you in your time of need.