Weekend Safety Tips, Part 8: Dog Bites Can Be Serious
Another nice weekend is ahead of us and we know a lot of people are probably going to take advantage of the nice weather and take a walk outside, maybe with their favorite animal by their side. And although Fido may be man’s best friend, dogs still can be a wild animal. Even the most friendliest of dogs will bite you. And it does happen more often than not.
Did you know that about 1,000 people require emergency treatment for a dog bite injury each day? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are approximately 4.5 million dog bites that occur each year. Of those bites, almost 1 out of every 5 can become infected.
We want everyone out there to be safe this summer. And in continuing effort to keep your summer injury free, the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone would like to offer some safety tips from the CDC when dealing with a possible animal attack:
- Whatever you do, don’t approach or run from an unfamiliar dog. It’s best to stay clear.
- If an unfamiliar dog approaches you, remain motionless. Whatever you do, don’t panic or make loud noises.
- If the dog jumps and knocks you over, curl into a ball, tuck in your head, and put your hands over your ears and neck.
- Avoid direct eye contact with a dog and tell the dog “No” in a firm voice.
- If you see a dog behaving strangely, get help immediately.
If you are victim of a dog bite and need legal assistance, we can help! Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today for a free consultation.