NJ Disorderly Persons Defense Attorney - Attorney Anthony Carbone

NJ Disorderly Persons Offenses Attorney

nj disorderly defenses defense attorney anthony carboneWhen someone is arrested for a disorderly persons offense in New Jersey, the defendant may think that it’s a minor problem. There’s no need for a criminal defense lawyer, right? You can fight the charges yourself. However, that’s simply not the case. Any time you must deal with the criminal legal system is a serious matter. And it’s always best to have an attorney by your side who is experienced in criminal matters.

If you were arrested and charged with a minor crime in Jersey City, you’re going to need an aggressive lawyer who will protect your rights. For more than 27 years, Jersey City disorderly offenses defense attorney Anthony Carbone has been helping clients across the state with their criminal charges. He is ready to fight for your rights.

What is a Disorderly Persons Offense?

Unless you’re familiar with the criminal system in New Jersey, you’ve probably never heard of a disorderly persons offense. It’s similar to a misdemeanor –it’s a minor charge that is handled by the Municipal Court. Such crimes that fall under this offense include:

  • Possessing a small amount of drugs
  • A simple assault
  • Petty theft
  • Harassment
  • Shoplifting (in an amount less than $200)

If you are found guilty of a disorderly persons offense, the charge will show up on any background check which can affect your ability to get a job or find a home. You will have to pay some stiff fines as punishment and, if your charge is serious enough or you have a prior record, you may go to jail for a maximum of six months.

How to Beat a Disorderly Persons Offense

The best way to fight your charges is to hire an experienced disorderly persons defense attorney such as Attorney Carbone. He could get your charges dismissed entirely or get you into a program, such as a conditional discharge, which means the charge will not go on your record.

Another way our Jersey City disorderly persons defense attorney can help is to get the charges downgraded to a municipal ordinance violation. If this occurs, then the charges won’t go on your record and your punishment is to pay a fine.

Jersey City Disorderly Persons Defense Attorney Anthony Carbone is Ready to Fight

If you have been charged with a disorderly persons offense in Jersey City, Newark, Hoboken, or anywhere else in New Jersey, we are ready to help. Jersey City criminal defense attorney Anthony Carbone has more than 27 years defending clients in courtrooms across the state. He is prepared to help you with any criminal issues you may have.

Don’t wait another second. If you’ve been arrested, the contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today for a free consultation.

Questions about your case?

We can help! With a proven track record, a strong work ethic, and extensive knowledge of the law, you cannot go wrong when you choose The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone.

    Live Chat
    Celebrating 30 Years in Practice!

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

      Back to Top
      Live Chat