Accidents involving Lyft transportation services differ from usual motor vehicle crashes. In most cases, you can even be a passenger when you get injured in the Lyft. Our North Bergen Lyft Accident Attorney at The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone is dedicated to understanding all the requirements that can apply in Lyft accident cases. We are committed to developing cutting-edge legal strategies designed to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries in cases involving Lyft drivers – whether you were a driver of another car that was hit by a Lyft, a pedestrian, or the passenger in the transportation service vehicle.
Why are Lyft accidents unique?
On the outside, Lyft accidents might seem similar to other types of motor vehicle crashes. While they are related in many ways, New Jersey has new Laws that apply to an accident that involves a Lyft driver. Under these laws, Lyft drivers are under various insurance obligations that inflicts various insurance rules depending on whether the driver has a passenger when the accident happens. Generally, the laws require:
- The driver has a passenger: The driver is needed to buy insurance that covers up to $1.5 million in death, property damage, or bodily injury and $10,000 in medical coverage.
- Looking for a passenger: If the driver has his or her Lyft app operating, the new law compels a $50,000 in death or bodily injury per individual, $25,000 coverage on property damage, $100,000 in death, or bodily injury per accident.
- Lyft app turned off: if the Lyft app of the driver is turned off and he or she is not actively looking for customers, the new law insurance provisions might not apply, and the driver’s personal insurance policy must cover damages.
The rules exempt Lyft accidents from the no-fault insurance rule of New Jersey, which typically necessitates accident victims to have their personal insurance coverage even if they were not liable for the accident.
Why get a North Bergen Lyft accident lawyer to protect your rights after a Lyft accident?
Regardless of the substantial insurance requirements that apply in Lyft crashes, these limits might not be enough compensation for more severe accidents. In other instances, the insurance company might deny your claim to reduce liability after the accident. At the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone are experienced in personal injury law and will work tirelessly to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for your:
- Lost support or consortium if the accident caused a disastrous death
- Lost wages and loss of capacity to earn in the future
- Suffering and pain
- Emotional and psychological suffering and rehabilitative care
- Future costs of ongoing medical treatment
- Past and current medical expenses
Our attorneys have the resources, skills, and experience needed to fight for your compensation rights following a Lyft accident. Our attorneys are trustworthy and aggressive to ensure that your rights are not violated.
If you have sustained injuries from a Lyft accident, contact our dedicated team of car accident attorneys by calling our offices or filling our online contact form today. We are committed to safeguarding your rights in such cases and will struggle to ensure that you are fully compensated for all your past, present, and future expenses.