New Jersey Accident Attorney
Accidents are as devastating as they are unpredictable, and they can make you doubt your future. Because personal injury claims can get complicated, your future is more secure with you working with a knowledgeable accident attorney to get the compensation you deserve.
When you get injured, you might require medical treatment, which can be costly. You may also need to take time off work for recovery, leading to even more losses. An experienced attorney will work tirelessly to ensure you don’t bear all these damages alone.
If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, contact a Bayonne Personal Injury Attorney to learn about your rights and legal options.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Because there are many ways you could get injured, personal injury claims tend to vary in type. Medical malpractice, for example, handles all injuries caused by the negligence of a medical professional, such as a nurse, doctor, or pharmacist.
The experienced attorneys with the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone are familiar with several types of personal injury cases, including:
- Auto accidents, including car, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice claims
- Product liability claims
- Slips and falls
- Dog bites and animal attacks
Parties Involved in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury case typically involves four parties, in the following ways:
- The at-fault party — This is the person whose negligence or intentional actions caused the accident. They are liable for the damages caused.
- The plaintiff — This is you, the person who was injured through the at-fault party’s negligence or intentional actions. The plaintiff may also be referred to as the injured party or claimant.
- Personal injury attorney — This is the plaintiff’s legal representative, hired to hold the at-fault party or their insurer accountable for their actions.
- Insurance company — The at-fault party’s insurer that will be responsible for compensating the plaintiff for their losses.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
During an accident, your body is exposed to significant trauma and may suffer injury. The physical pain of the said injury is one of the most immediate effects of an accident. As you will require treatment, you may face financial stress trying to cover your hospital stays, treatment, medication, and other such costs. Your treatment and recovery may also keep you away from work, leading to more losses.
The main purpose of compensation in a personal injury claim is to restore you to the financial position you were in before the accident. This is done by covering the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Loss of earning capacity
Consult a Bayonne Personal Injury Attorney
Insurance companies are wired to look after their bottom line. Almost every time, their first settlement offer will be far less than you deserve for all your losses. Fortunately, you don’t need to settle for that with an experienced accident attorney by your side.
At the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, we understand how emotionally and financially taxing accidents can be and are dedicated to helping you come out on top. Contact us today at 201-733-2230 to discuss your legal options and how to pursue them with an experienced Bayonne Personal Injury Attorney.