Slip and falls often occur because of the negligence of property owners. They can occur anywhere and could result in injuries and property damage. Fortunately, slip and fall accident victims in New Jersey are entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. They can get financial remuneration to cover medical costs, lost wages, and other damages.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, a Bayonne Slip and Fall Lawyer can advise you on your legal options and how to pursue them.
Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today and set up an appointment to discuss your case.
Slip and Fall Accidents in Bayonne
With over 30 years of experience representing slip and fall victims in Bayonne and other New Jersey locations, attorney Anthony Carbone has dealt with various types of cases. Common forms of these accidents include:
- Slip and fall – Happens when you slip on a wet or slippery surface and fall
- Step and fall – When you step into an unmarked and unforeseen hole or opening in the ground
- Trip and fall – Occur when you stumble on a foreign object that obstructs your path
Proving Negligence in New Jersey
Property owners in New Jersey are required by law to maintain their premises in a safe condition. This means that they should take precautions to clear any hazards or notify people about them. Failure to do so often results in slip and fall accidents.
A property owner can be held liable for a victim’s injuries if they failed to:
- Remove ice or snow from a walkway.
- Repair uneven or cracked sidewalks
- Clean liquid spills on the floors
- Fix broken railings or steps on a stairwell
- Put up adequate warnings about a hazard.
- Clear construction debris
- Provide proper lighting
These New Jersey rules apply to both private and public property. A Bayonne Slip and Fall Lawyer will investigate the accident scene to gather evidence that proves negligence. You can also help by taking photographs or videos of the area immediately after you get injured.
Determining Liability for a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident is often considered a premises liability case. For you to get the maximum compensation possible, you need to prove that:
- A hazardous condition existed on the premises.
- It existed long enough for the property owner to have discovered and corrected it.
- The property owner was aware of the dangerous condition.
- They failed to correct it.
- Their negligence directly caused your injury or property damage.
Slip and fall accidents are rarely as straightforward as they seem. Depending on the severity of the damages, they could be resolved quickly or involve a lengthy legal process.
Fortunately, attorney Anthony Carbone has an established success record with such cases. He can collect the evidence needed to prove your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Bayonne Slip and Fall Lawyer
In New Jersey, property owners can be held liable for any accidents that occur on their premises. Have you or someone you care about been injured in a slip and fall accident? Do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone to discuss your case with an expert Bayonne Slip and Fall Lawyer.
Attorney Anthony Carbone is dedicated to helping victims like you get the compensation they deserve for their misery. He will work tirelessly to protect your rights.
Please contact us at 201-829-3805 to schedule your appointment today.