Can I sue for pain and suffering after a minor auto accident in Jersey City, NJ?

Posted October 7th, 2015 by .

Categories: Auto Accidents.

nj minor auto accident injury anthony carboneLet’s say you get into a minor fender bender while driving to work. The damage was very minor and it’s obvious that you were not at fault for this auto accident. You did, whoever, suffer an injury to your neck which required medical attention. Your insurance company pays for the medical bills but you wonder — should you make a claim against the other driver for pain and suffering? And is it even worth your time?

Unfortunately, New Jersey is considered a “no-fault” state. This means that if you require medical attention after any type of auto accident, your insurance company will be the first to pay for your expenses. This also means you can’t make a personal injury claim against a negligent driver unless the injury is serious, such as a dismemberment, or the medical bills top your deductible.

However, it can be hard to get the compensation you deserve after a minor auto accident from your insurance company. If your car has minimal damage, the insurance adjuster may give you a small amount of money for your claim, even if you were inured. Sadly, this is the case more often than not. If this happens to you, it’s best to speak with an experienced car accident attorney to help you get the proper compensation for your injuries.

If you were in any type of auto accident and was injured, it’s always a safe bet to speak with a lawyer to make sure you get what you deserve. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today for a free consultation.

Share this Post

Questions about your auto accident case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat