Accidents involving transportation services like Lyft are different from typical auto accidents. Most times, the victims tend to feel confused or angry, especially since they were not driving the car when the accident happened. Nonetheless, they are entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering.
The statutory scheme that regulates Lyft accidents in New Jersey is relatively new. Fortunately, Anthony Carbone is dedicated to providing clients with an in-depth understanding of the legal requirements surrounding such cases.
If you have any questions about a Lyft accident case, contact a Union City Lyft Accident Attorney at 201-829-3829.
Why Are Lyft Accidents Unique?
Lyft accidents vary from other motor vehicle accidents in various ways. In fact, New Jersey has a relatively new and separate set of laws to cover them. It subjects Lyft drivers to insurance requirements such as:
- Passenger presence – Requires Lyft drivers to purchase insurance of up to $1.5 million to cover their passengers. The policy is meant to cater to property damage, bodily injury, death, and medical coverage.
- Lyft app is on – When the Lyft app is operational, and a driver is looking for passengers, they should have a $50,000 insurance cover for bodily injury or death per person. This should also include a $100,000 coverage per accident.
- Lyft app is off – Insurance requirements do not apply where the driver is not actively seeking passengers. The driver’s insurance policy will cover any damages incurred while the Lyft app is off.
In addition to these insurance coverage requirements, Lyft accidents are unique in that it may be difficult to determine liability for property damage. You can speak to Union City Lyft Accident Attorney about any such concerns.
What Should You Do After a Lyft Accident?
After a Lyft accident, your health is of the utmost concern. Call 911 and request medical assistance. Describe the location of the scene and the number of victims present. Next, try to gather as much evidence as you can. Make every attempt to:
- Take videos or photographs of the scene and its surroundings.
- Collect the contact information of willing witnesses
- Get the Lyft driver’s contact information.
- Screenshot the information of your Lyft ride from your phone
- Call a Union City Lyft Accident Attorney
It is vital that you don’t attempt to handle any negotiations on your own. Focus on getting better and let attorney Anthony Carbone handle the rest.
Why Do You Need an Attorney?
The insurance requirements regulating Lyft accidents may be insufficient to provide victims with their deserved compensation. They may not offer full coverage, especially in the event of severe injuries or death. In some cases, insurers may contest or deny the victim’s claims to minimize their liability.
At the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, we help our clients get full compensation for:
- Present and future medical costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Psychological trauma and emotional distress
- Lost income and wages
- Lost earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Death benefits
We understand the ins and out of Lyft accidents. We will work to ensure that your rights and those of your loved ones are protected.
Contact The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone
Anthony Carbone is a trustworthy, experienced, and aggressive attorney. He has been representing car accident and personal injury victims for over three decades and aims to protect their right to compensation.
If you have incurred an injury involving a Lyft driver, contact The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone at 201-829-3829 to schedule an appointment.