Ridesharing services like Lyft continue to rise in popularity every day. They are considered a convenient way to get around town and are used by people going to work, school, or even the market. Most people agree that they are also safer than taxis.
Unfortunately, ride-sharing trips may not always go as planned. Where drivers are distracted or intoxicated, there may be a risk of injuries or property damage. Sometimes, accidents may also occur due to the negligence of other drivers on the road.
Regardless of who was at fault for your Lyft accident, contact a Hudson County Lyft Accident Attorney right away.
What Are Your Legal Options After a Lyft Accident?
The consequences of a Lyft accident can vary from one situation to another. While some may be mild, others could be severe enough to cause nerve damage, brain injury, disability, or death. That said, these accidents will likely result in accumulated medical bills and lost wages.
If you get injured because of a Lyft driver’s negligence, you are eligible for financial compensation. You may file a personal injury claim and get remuneration for your pain and suffering.
What Should You Do After a Lyft Accident?
Your chances of getting compensation depend on what you do after your Lyft accidents. Sometimes, saying or doing the wrong thing could undermine your case enough to have it thrown out of court. Whether you were a Lyft passenger or were hit by a Lyft driver, try to do the following:
- Call 911 to alert the police and medical services.
- Collect the contact and insurance information of the Lyft driver
- Take a screenshot of the Lyft app details on your phone.
- Take photographs or videos of the accident scene and the surroundings.
- Gather the contact information of all willing witnesses
- Inform your insurer of the accident but refrain from giving too much information
- Call your attorney
Allow your lawyer to handle any negotiations or evidence collection from this point onward. Focus on getting better. If you are a Lyft driver, inform the company of the accident immediately.
New Jersey Lyft Accident Insurance Laws
New Jersey is a “fault” state. This means that the at-fault party is liable to pay the compensation. Additionally, the amount you receive for a Lyft accident claim depends on several insurance requirements. They are:
- When the driver was actively looking for a passenger, they have a $50,000 and $25,000 liability for bodily injury and property damage.
- When the driver has accepted a passenger’s request and is on the way to pick them up – There is an insurance policy worth $1 million.
- When a passenger is in the car – $1 million insurance for any injuries or damages
- When the Lyft driver was not logged onto the app – The available cover is the driver’s insurance.
Speaking to a Hudson County Lyft Accident Attorney can enlighten you to the compensation owed to you.
Discuss Your Case with a Hudson County Lyft Accident Attorney Today
We are familiar with the devastating effects of accidents. We also understand that Lyft accidents may be different from typical motor vehicle accidents in several ways. Fortunately, attorney Anthony Carbone is dedicated to protecting your right to safety on the road. He has a proven record of getting his victims the compensation they deserve for their misery.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a Lyft accident, contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone at 201-733-2230 to discuss your case.