Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury is any injury that’s so severe that its effects result in perpetual damage to the victim. Catastrophic injuries are mainly caused by physical trauma to the brain and/or the spinal cord that can have adverse short- and long-term effects on an individual’s functional abilities.
Suffering a catastrophic injury means losing an essential part of yourself, whether it’s your limb, the ability to develop a complete thought, or the ability to talk. For any accident that causes a catastrophic injury, you can pursue a catastrophic injury claim and settlement.
With the help of an experienced Jersey City personal injury attorney at the Law Offices Of Anthony Carbone, you can legally be compensated for the wrongful, life-threatening harm caused to you.
What Are The Common Types Of Catastrophic Injuries?
Generally speaking, catastrophic injuries can be categorized into three types, including:
- Physical Injuries — Physical Injuries include burns, fractures, amputations, and damage to the orthopedic tissue or function.
- Spinal Cord Injuries — Spinal Cord Injuries particularly affect the spinal cord, resulting in perpetual mobility problems for survivors, such as paralysis.
- Cognitive Injuries — Cognitive Injuries are among the most expensive catastrophic injuries. They result from brain trauma, which affects the individual’s ability to speak, work, or remember.
All types of catastrophic injuries affect the survivors and their loved ones in one way or the other. Caring for someone with cognitive or mobility limitations is emotionally draining, forcing even working spouses to quit their jobs and dedicate themselves to 24/7 care.
If a partner cannot quit their job, they will be required to earn more to employ a caretaker, which can be a considerable cost for most families. In simpler terms, a catastrophic injury restricts the survivors’ future for them and their families, which is unacceptable.
Who Are The Grounds For Catastrophic Injury Settlement?
The plaintiff is entitled to receive recovery following a catastrophic injury for various reasons. The grounds for catastrophic injury settlement include:
- First, the more severe the injury, the more the medical expenses. You might have to undergo multiple surgeries, require rehabilitation, or you might need perpetual use of medication of a medical device.
- Second, if the injury kept you off work, you might be entitled to compensation for the lost wages.
- Lastly, you might also be granted compensation because of the pain and suffering caused by the catastrophic injury.
How Can A Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help?
No amount of money can compensate one for a catastrophic injury. Just the thought of a lawsuit can seem unspeakably inappropriate to families that are still coping with the shock of a loved one’s sudden injury.
Unfortunately, those accountable for your injuries often use this indecision time to their benefit by threatening your care, financial wellness, and even survival. Anthony Carbone and his team utilize all the legal, financial, and medical resources at their disposal to relentlessly fight for the compensation you deserve to cater to your lost wages, physical therapy, medical expenses, pain and suffering, disability, or rehabilitation needs.
If you’d like the responsible parties held accountable for your injuries to the fullest extent of the law, contact the Law Offices Of Anthony Carbone today at 201-829-3829.