A criminal complaint has been filed against you

Posted January 24th, 2014 by .

Categories: Criminal Defense.

falsely-accused-of-a-crime-in-njYou’ve just learned that a friend of the family has accused you of stealing money from him. He has just filed a criminal complaint against you. You’re shocked. But what does this mean?

First, if this scenario happens to you, call the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone immediately. We will assist you getting through the process.

What happens is the friend had taken a trip to your local police department or the municipal court to make a complaint against you. Once the complaint is filed, you will either be arrested or given a summons to appear in court on a first appearance. If you don’t show up, a warrant will be issued if there is enough evidence against you. Bail will be set and then the process will continue just like a normal legal case. Once the complaint has been filed and the first court appearance is done with, the prosecutor will then consider whether there’s enough information to pursue a criminal complaint. If there is, then the prosecutor will pursue a conviction. If not, then your charges will be downgraded.

Sound a little complex? It can be. That’s why you need Newark criminal defense lawyer Anthony Carbone on your side. Contact us today for a free consultation.

Share this Post

Questions about your criminal defense case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat