Posted May 19th, 2021 by Anthony Carbone.
Categories: Legal Topics.
Any damage to your body is termed an injury. Injuries may result from accidents or acts of violence and might happen at work, play, or home. Although minor injuries can be managed through standard first aid techniques, severe injuries might need immediate medical evaluation or intervention. A seemingly minor injury might be a hidden, more severe injury that requires medical care in some cases.
In the event of an injury, seek medical attention as soon as possible. In addition, if you believe that your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence or intentional act, you can claim for your damages, including monetary and nonmonetary costs. To discuss your legal options following injury, contact an experienced Jersey City personal injury attorney at the Law Offices Of Anthony Carbone today.
What Are The Common Symptoms Of Injury?
The symptoms of an injury vary according to the type and severity of the injury itself. These injuries range from minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises, to huge, open wounds, extensive burns, and blunt force that results in unconsciousness. The common symptoms of injury include:
- Lacerations (cuts)
- Abrasions (scrapes)
- Bone deformity or any other form of deformity
- Bleeding; uncontrolled or heavy
- Burns that might redden the skin or cause blistering
- Joint swelling
- Tissue inflammation with or without discoloration
- Restricted range of motion of the joint
In some cases, an injury can be life-threatening. Some severe symptoms that may highlight a life-threatening condition may include:
- Absent or weak pulse
- Abdominal trauma or bleeding while pregnant
- Paralysis or restricted body movement
- Severe, chronic pain
- Breathing or respiratory problems, including difficulty breathing and shortness of breath
- Trauma, for instance, bone deformity, eye injuries, and other catastrophic injuries to the back, neck, or head
- Cognitive problems
- Non Reactivity to light or unusual pupil size
What to Do After Sustaining Injury
The compensation you rightfully deserve after sustaining an injury varies according to the extent of the impact of the injuries on your life, including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and many other related costs. As a general rule, the more severe the injury, the higher the compensation you are likely to receive and vice versa.
Nonetheless, immediately following an incident that causes injury, you should seek immediate medical attention and document all details about the accident. When filing a claim against the liable insurance company or lawsuit in court, having an experienced personal injury attorney by your side is necessary. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today to discuss your case.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone?
If you sustain an injury in Jersey City, you should result in Anthony Carbone and his team when seeking compensation because:
- Pay after they win the case — individuals need all the time they need to recover following an accident, particularly the severe ones. Only after a successful case will you be charged.
- Assured success — The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone has more than three decades’ experience representing clients in Jersey City.
- Receive scene inspection — Anthony Carbone has professionals in scene examination, damages assessment, talking to witnesses, etc.
That said, if you or a loved one sustained injuries caused by another party’s fault, you can receive compensation for your damages. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone for expert legal advice and representation today.