If you were falsely accused of a crime

Posted December 12th, 2013 by .

Categories: Criminal Defense.

falsely-accused-of-a-crime-in-njYou were accused of a crime that you didn’t commit. It can happen from time to time. A witness gets confused or evidence points to the wrong person. The next thing you know, the police are arresting you for a crime. What do you do if you were falsely accused of a crime?

First, contact us immediately. Then, take the following steps:

  • Get as much physical evidence of the crime.
  • Get any documents related to the case, such as letter, financial records, phone records. These type of records can show where you were at the time of the incident.
  • Make a list of any of the evidence you were not able to collect from the crime scene, such as blood or bullet casings.
  • Make a list of any witnesses or persons involved with the incident.

This is all information that will help us with your case. Whatever you do, do not:

  • Destroy evidence, even if the evidence will hurt you and your case
  • Talk to the victim
  • Talk to any law enforcement without your attorney or
  • Submit anything voluntarily to the police, such as a DNA test

And remember, if you’ve been convicted of a crime, even if you are guilty, you’re going to need an experienced criminal defense attorney by your side. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone as soon as possible and we will help get your sentence reduced or make it disappear. For more information on what can happen if you are accused of a crime you did not commit, click here.

Share this Post

Questions about your criminal defense case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat