Going out this New Year’s Eve? Stay safe.
It’s the end of 2014. And to celebrate the coming of 2015, you may be going out on the town tonight, just like everyone else. The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone wishes everyone will stay safe this evening and whatever you do, don’t drink and drive!
To make sure your New Year’s Eve stays fun, here are some tips to keep in mind if you plan on going out this evening:
- Always plan ahead and choose a designated driver. Make sure that person doesn’t drink one drop of liquor all night. (Be appreciative and buy him/her a soda or water!)
- If you drink too much and don’t have a driver, make other arrangements. Try calling for a taxi or sign up for Uber. Whatever you do, don’t get behind the wheel of a car!
- If a friend is drunk and ready to drive home, make sure to take away the car keys. Your friend may be angry, but will thank you in the morning.
- Remember to drink some water in between your cocktails. Not only will this help with the hangover the next morning but you won’t get too intoxicated.
- Are you in a bar that’s starting to get a little scary? It’s true, when people drink, emotions are heightened. If you feel unsafe, trust your gut and get out .
- And if you really don’t want to deal with the crowds, just stay home! If you drink at home, you won’t have to worry about driving anywhere. Invite some friends over and let them know they are welcome to stay.
Again, be safe and responsible this New Year’s Eve and start off 2015 on the right foot. Happy New Year, everyone!