Have a Scary Yet Safe Time This Halloween
Posted October 31st, 2016 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Personal Injury.
Everyone loves a good Halloween scare. But when it comes to the safety of our children, the fun of the holiday can easily become concern. Especially when it comes to trick or treating.
According to the National Safety Council, there were 6,300 pedestrian fatalities and 145,000 pedestrian injuries in 2014. In fact, October holds the second most motor vehicles deaths by month, right after August. The NSC says that the majority of pedestrian accidents for children ages 5-9 are caused by darting or running into the road.
In order to keep everyone safe this holiday, the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone is offering a list of safety tips to keep in mind when you and your family are out and about this evening:
- Always accompany young children when trick or treating
- If you have older children going out on their own, make sure you know what route they’re taking and agree on specific time they should be home
- Only go to homes that have a porch light on. Don’t ever enter someone’s home for a treat.
- Keep your heads up and looks all ways when crossing the street. Just like driving, that cell phone can wait until you’re safely across the street.
- If you’re driving tonight, make sure you stay alert for ghouls and goblins. Especially those who are wearing dark clothing.
- Travel along well-lit areas that you and your children know well. And don’t eat any treats until you get home. We all know the story of the razor blade in the apple, after all!
Have fun this evening and stay safe this Halloween! If you do get into an accident with a motor vehicle, contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone for a free consultation.