What’s The Plan
As our loved ones grow older and older, there comes a time when you may have to make decisions for them. Should you put them in a nursing home? Is there an end-of-life plan in place? Have they enrolled in Medicaid and Medicare? And what if an accident happens and they need special care?
It’s best to start planning for the future as soon as possible and the best way to do that is by going to an experienced elder law attorney to help navigate you through the laws. At Jersey City law firm the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, our elder law lawyers have been helping clients throughout New Jersey deal with their elder care needs. We work hard to make sure your loved ones are well cared for in their senior years.
What is Elder Law?
Elder law is a type of practice that covers legal issues that affect the aging population. Our New Jersey elder law attorney deals with the following issues:
- Health and personal care planning which includes long-term health care, end-of-life planning, powers of attorney and living wills
- Wills and estate planning, including planning for a minor or an adult that has special needs
- Financial and retirement planning
- Guardianship which helps select and appoint a legal guardian, if necessary
- Nursing home resident rights and filing any nursing home claims such as abuse cases
- Grandparent visitation rights
- Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security planning
- Veteran benefits
How to Select an Elder Law Attorney
In order to pick the right lawyer for your elder care needs, it’s important to know that the attorney has experience in this area of law. Before selecting an attorney, you may want to ask him/her the following questions:
- How long have you been practicing this type of law?
- What percentage of your practice is devoted to elder law?
- What information should I prepare for our first meeting?
- How are your fees computed?
Contact Us Now for your Elder Care Needs
If you are in need of an elder law attorney in Jersey City, Newark, North Bergen, or anywhere in New Jersey, you’ve come to the right place. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone now at 201-733-2230 to schedule a free consultation with our elder law lawyer to learn more about our services.