Weekend Safety Tips, Part 14: Happy Labor Day!
It’s Labor Day weekend and the last part of our “Summer Weekend Safety Tips” series! What better to end our safety tips series than with Labor Day. This holiday celebrating the working man is the fourth most dangerous holiday on the roadways. According to AAA, approximately 34.1 million Americans travel at least 50 miles over the long weekend in 2013. And during the holiday period, the National Safety Counsel says there were nearly 400 traffic-related deaths and more than 42,000 serious injuries. With low gas prices and warm temperatures, you can bet the roadways are going to be packed this weekend.
We want everyone out there to be safe this Labor Day weekend, especially if you are heading out on the highway to enjoy the last bit of beach time. So as we do every holiday, we want to give you a few safety tips on stay safe on the road this weekend:
- Don’t get distracted! Keep your eyes on the road and off the phone.
- Don’t rush. If you have to get somewhere at a specific time, give yourself a little extra time. You know the roads are going to be packed.
- If your tires blow out, don’t slam on the brakes! Instead pump your gas break until you gain control of the car then let the car slow down.
- If you plan to leave this evening, make sure your exterior lights are working properly.
- Don’t drive tired! Make sure you’re fully rested before getting in the car.
If you get into a car accident this weekend, don’t worry, we’re here for you. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today for a free consultation.