Who pays in a slip and fall accident

Posted January 6th, 2014 by .

Categories: Slip and Falls.

Your neighbor has come for a visit, which is always nice. After the visit, your neighbor slips on a patch of ice on your walkway and falls, breaking her arm. Not so nice. Obviously, you are the responsible party since you forgot to clean up the ice. How are you going to pay for this?

Not to worry. If your neighbor slips on your property, your homeowner’s insurance should cover the accident. The important thing to remember is the injury should be reported to your insurance carrier as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to make the claim since the insurer will begin to think the claim isn’t legitimate. Your homeowner’s insurance generally has two type of coverage – liability and medical payment coverage. The med pay coverage usually will pay for the injured party’s medical bills has a limit from $5,000 to $10,000.

Some people are reluctant to go through the insurance company and that’s understandable. Chances are a claim could raise premiums. But remember, if you do not go through your insurance, the neighbor still has a case against you.

We’re you injured after a slip and fall accident? We’re here to help! Contact us today for a free consultation. For more information on slip and fall accidents, click here.

Share this Post

Questions about your slip and fall accident case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat