Tuesdays with Tony: Stay safe this New Year’s Eve
It’s New Year’s Eve and we all know the celebrations will be happening around the country tonight. The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone would like to remind everyone to be safe this evening and do not drink and drive. Please be responsible when going out.
Although New Year’s Eve isn’t the most dangerous nights on the road, it still very dangerous out there with all the parties that are going on. And you know the police will be out in full force. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind if you are going out this evening:
- Always plan ahead and choose a designated driver. Make sure that person doesn’t drink one drop of liquor all night. (Be appreciative and buy him/her a soda or water!)
- If you can’t get a designated driver, make sure you have the number of a local cab company handy.
- If you drink too much and don’t have a driver, stay where you are until you are sober and can drive home safely or find someone sober who would be willing to drive you home.
- If a friend is drunk and ready to drive home, make sure to take away the car keys. He/She may be mad right now, but in the morning you will be thanked.
- Or just stay home! If you drink at home, you won’t have to worry about driving anywhere.
Again, be safe and responsible tonight and start off 2014 on the right foot. Happy New Year’s Eve!