Injured in a Crash North Jersey? Call Our Jersey City Law Office for a Free Consultation
The aftermath of any car accident is confusing and complex, but this is even more true after a crash involving a Turo vehicle. Turo is a car-sharing platform that allows private people to rent out their vehicles to others looking to drive them temporarily. Several companies have taken advantage of this trend but the biggest by far is Turo. Like much of the peer-to-peer economy today,
Turo does not provide much clarity about liability and personal injury in the event of an accident. It is, for this reason, so important to work with a Turo car accident attorney after any crash. At The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, our New Jersey Turo car accident lawyer is an experienced advocate for injured victims. Call our Jersey City law office today for a free review of your case.
Avoiding Turo Disputes
Any time two people enter into a business agreement, there is always a potential for disputes. To avoid these from occurring, there are two important things you must do before renting any Turo vehicle. These include:
- Check and document everything: Check the entire vehicle and ensure it does not have any scratches or dents, and that everything is in good condition. Also note the mileage, and any alerts or warnings, such as if the “check engine” light is on. Take photos of anything that is not in good condition.
- Purchase the insurance: Your credit card insurance will not cover you in the event of a Turo accident, and your own personal auto insurance may not cover it either. Turo offers three levels of coverage for renters and it is crucial that you purchase one of them so you are protected in the event of an accident.
Taking these actions before renting a Turo vehicle will help you avoid any legal disputes in the future.
What to Do After a Turo Car Accident
It is difficult to know what to do after any car accident, but this holds particularly true after a Turo accident. However, the actions you take at this important time will greatly affect your claim. The most important steps to take after a car accident are as follows:
- Report the accident to law enforcement and provide a copy of the report number to Turo.
- Remain at the scene and check for injuries to yourself and others.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all other drivers and parties involved.
- Collect photographs, notes, and witness contact information, as it is valuable evidence in your case.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Lastly, it is critical that you contact a Turo car accident attorney as soon as possible. You may have grounds for a lawsuit if there was pre-existing damage to the vehicle, and you may have to deal with Turo’s insurance company before receiving full compensation. A lawyer can help you handle all of these tasks and will ensure your future is protected.
You Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation After an Accident in a Turo Vehicle
Following a serious crash in a vehicle, victims need compensation to pay bills and support the people that they care about most. Unfortunately, a full and fair settlement remains out of reach for far too many injured victims. Insurance companies can make the claims process difficult—even more so in a Turo vehicle collision case where multiple overlapping insurance policies may be implicated. At The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, our Jersey City car accident lawyer is standing
by, ready to help you maximize your recovery. Compensation for a vehicle crash may include:
- Emergency medical care,
- Hospital bills and other health costs;
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a relative.
What to Know About Motor Vehicle Accident Laws in New Jersey
If you were involved in an accident in a Turo vehicle in New Jersey, you should have a general understanding of your rights and responsibilities under state law. Although there are some unique insurance issues involved in accidents, these claims also share some important commonalities with other types of motor vehicle crashes. Here are four things to know about New Jersey state law:
- Most Collisions Must Be Reported: In New Jersey, all significant motor vehicle accidents should be reported to law enforcement. If any injuries were sustained in the Turo vehicle crash, they must be reported.
- New Jersey is a ‘No-Fault’ Auto Accident State: New Jersey is one of a minority of U.S. jurisdictions with a comprehensive no-fault auto accident liability law in place. Fault is not an issue in minor or moderate collisions in the state—including in Turo vehicle crashes. The parties generally claim compensation from their own insurers. That being said, you can step outside of the New Jersey no-fault system after a serious accident.
- Know the Serious Injury Threshold: Even with New Jersey’s comprehensive no-fault car accident law, injured victims have a “limited right to sue” an at-fault party after a major wreck. If you sustained a serious injury—defined as loss of a body part, significant disfigurement, significant scarring, a displaced fracture, the loss of a fetus, or any other permanent severe injury—you may be eligible to bring a fault-based auto accident lawsuit. For more information, speak to an experienced New Jersey vehicle accident lawyer.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: There is a two-year statute of limitations for fault-based auto accident injuries claims in New Jersey. If you were hurt in a vehicle collision, you must initiate any lawsuit against an at-fault party within two years of the wreck—or you will miss your opportunity for justice. Consult with a Jersey City car accident lawyer as soon as possible after a Turo vehicle crash.
How New Jersey Auto Accident Lawyer Anthony Carbone Can Help
Car accidents claims are complicated—especially if you were involved in a collision while in a Turo vehicle. You do not have to go through the legal process alone. Anthony Carbone has more than three decades of experience representing injured victims. When you reach out to our Jersey City law office, you will have an opportunity to speak to a New Jersey car accident lawyer who can:
- Conduct a free, in-depth review and evaluation of your case;
- Investigate the collision—securing all pertinent evidence and information;
- Connect you with the right doctors and organize your medical records;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with insurance companies; and
- Take your legal case as far as it needs to go to get you and your family results.
Our personal injury law firm is devoted to zealous, personalized legal representation. With a history of client testimonials and verdicts and settlements, you can trust our New Jersey car accident lawyer to handle your vehicle collision claim the right way.
Call Our Turo Car Accident Attorney in New Jersey Today
If you have been hurt in a crash involving a Turo vehicle, our New Jersey Turo car accident attorney at The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone is here to help. Call us today at 201-762-8956 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help. From our office, we represent injured victims throughout the region, including in North Bergen, Union City, West New York, Harrison, Newark, Secaucus, Bayonne, and Weehawken.