The aftermath of any car accident is confusing and complex, but this is even more true after a crash involving a Turo vehicle. Turo is a car-sharing platform that allows private people to rent out their vehicles to others looking to drive them temporarily. Several companies have taken advantage of this trend but the biggest by far is Turo. Like much of the peer-to-peer economy today, Turo does not provide much clarity about liability and personal injury in the event of an accident. It is, for this reason, it is so important to work with a Turo car accident attorney after any crash.
Avoiding Turo Disputes
Any time two people enter into a business agreement, there is always a potential for disputes. To avoid these from occurring, there are two important things you must do before renting any Turo vehicle. These include:
- Check and document everything: Check the entire vehicle and ensure it does not have any scratches or dents, and that everything is in good condition. Also note the mileage, and any alerts or warnings, such as if the “check engine” light is on. Take photos of anything that is not in good condition.
- Purchase the insurance: Your credit card insurance will not cover you in the event of a Turo accident, and your own personal auto insurance may not cover it either. Turo offers three levels of coverage for renters and it is crucial that you purchase one of them so you are protected in the event of an accident.
Taking these actions before renting a Turo vehicle will help you avoid any legal disputes in the future.
What to Do After a Turo Car Accident
It is difficult to know what to do after any car accident, but this holds particularly true after a Turo accident. However, the actions you take at this important time will greatly affect your claim. The most important steps to take after a car accident are as follows:
- Report the accident to law enforcement and provide a copy of the report number to Turo.
- Remain at the scene and check for injuries to yourself and others.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all other drivers and parties involved.
- Collect photographs, notes, and witness contact information, as it is valuable evidence in your case.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Lastly, it is critical that you contact a Turo car accident attorney as soon as possible. You may have grounds for a lawsuit if there was pre-existing damage to the vehicle, and you may have to deal with Turo’s insurance company before receiving full compensation. A lawyer can help you handle all of these tasks and will ensure your future is protected.
Call Our Turo Car Accident Attorney in New Jersey Today
If you have been hurt in a crash involving a Turo vehicle, our New Jersey Turo car accident attorney at The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone is here to help. Call us today at 201-762-8956 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help.