When domestic abuse occurs in the home

Posted December 5th, 2013 by .

Categories: Domestic Violence.

This person has been the love of your life. And now, he has become a nightmare. Your nightly screaming match has increased to violence. He has been beaten you regularly and now he broke your arm. You’re embarrassed, afraid for your life as well as the lives of your children. But what can you do?

First, call the police. The authorities will attempt to defuse the situation. Your attacker will be given a warning. If the crime is severe enough, they may arrest your attacker and criminal charges will be filed. The police may ask if you want to file a temporary restraining order, or TRO. A TRO will protect you from any further abuse. When you are abuse and the police come to help you, they will assist in obtaining the order. A TRO will protect you in the following ways:

  •  Your attacker is temporarily forbidden from entering your home
  • Your attacker is temporarily not allowed from contacting you or your family
  • Your attacker is forbidden to approaching you at work
  • Your attacker must pay temporary child support or support for you
  • Your attacker must pay for any medical bills you have or any repairs needed

Once your attacker is arrested, you may consider suing him in family court. We strongly suggest that you contact us immediately for a free consultation. We will help protect you and your family from any more abuse.

Share this Post

Questions about your domestic violence case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat