Who is responsible for your child’s playground injuries?

Posted July 2nd, 2015 by .

Categories: Personal Injury.

playground injuries attorney anthony carboneIt seemed to be the perfect day.  The birds were chirping.  The sun was shining after days of rainy weather.  More than one family headed out to partake in some outdoor fun.  Unfortunately, playground and park injuries are a common occurrence.  Learn what to do if your child is injured in a recreation area.

Public Facilities

If your child gets hurt in a local park or playground, it is important to determine who owns and operates the premises.  Head to an attorney who specializes in personal injury and premises liability cases.  If the property is owned by a public entity, there are notice requirements.

Private Businesses

If an accident occurs at a private recreation center or a facility with playground equipment, it is important to document your claim.  Do your best to file an accident report at the scene.

Residence Claims

Were your children at someone’s house when an accident occurred?  Was the playground within your condo association?  A claim may be made against homeowners insurance.  Again, make sure you know your rights.

Amusement Parks

We previously supplied you with safety information regarding claims against amusement parks.  Summer invites many to fly high in the sky or at an electrifying pace.  Make sure you know your rights for accidents which occur at amusement parks.

Claims arising from Playground and Park Accidents

  • Maintenance issues – Was the park free of debris? Was it flooded?  What dangerous conditions existed?  How long did they exist?
  • Product defect in equipment – For example, the swing set or sliding equipment was defective and caused the accident.
  • Improper design of equipment or facility – The way in which the equipment was designed caused the incident or contributed to it.  The playground was designed in such a way as to cause similar problems.
  • Improper caregiver supervision – Child is involved in camp or school activity and is improperly watched or supervised.

What to do if your Child is Injured

  • Make arrangements for appropriate medical care
  • Take photographs of the accident scene
  • Take pictures of any equipment and general overall conditons
  • Take photographs which identify the location
  • Secure identities of all witnesses


If your child was injured in a playground or park, it is important to see legal advice as soon as possible.  The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone has worked with families on these types of issues for many years.  We would be happy to meet with you to discuss your claim.  Please contact us to schedule an appointment.

Share this Post

Questions about your personal injury case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat