Work Accident Lawyer
All workers have the right to work in an environment that does not jeopardize their health or safety. Despite this, work-related accidents are common in the US whereby employers, product manufacturers, or co-workers cause employees to sustain catastrophic injuries caused by either wrongful acts or negligence.
Most workplace injuries are caused by employers who infringe the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations by fabricating standard safety procedures or cutting corners using dangerous equipment or substandard materials.
If you sustain injuries at work in New Jersey, it is essential to contact an experienced Jersey City personal injury attorney to help you receive the compensation you deserve and establish fault. To ensure you take all the necessary steps to receive the compensation you deserve, consult the experienced work accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone.
What Are The Common Types Of Injuries Sustained From Work Accidents?
Employees often lose their lives or sustain severe injuries caused by workplace accidents, including:
- Head and spinal cord injuries resulting from falls from defective ladders and scaffolding, tripping over inappropriately stored materials, slipping on wet floors, etc.
- Electrocution caused by contact with inappropriate wiring or other electrical sources.
- Severe burns sustained in explosions and fires caused by flammable chemicals and gases.
- Head and brain injuries caused by falling objects.
- Disease caused by chronic or acute exposure to hazardous materials.
- Catastrophic injuries sustained in auto accidents during line or duty.
- Amputation caused by accidents involving faulty or outdated machinery.
What To Do If You Sustain Injuries In The Workplace?
Regardless of the type of injury you sustain, there are various steps you should take following your work accident to accurately notify your employer and preserve the chances of receiving workers’ compensation benefits.
Even though these steps guarantee you anything, they provide you with the grounds for building a solid case to claim your damages, which may include:
- Report to your employer immediately.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Adhere to the doctor’s guidelines.
- Request your doctor to send the medical bills to your employer or workers’ compensation provider.
- Keep all the relevant receipts.
- Document all your medical records.
- Keep an account of everything that occurred.
- Record the time you’ve spent off work.
- Don’t sign anything from your employee or insurance company prior to talking to a work accident lawyer.
- Talk to a work accident lawyer to determine if you have a case.
How Can A Work Accident Attorney Help?
You are more likely to receive a higher settlement offer if you have an experienced lawyer by your side. Lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the law, know how to negotiate, and utilize different tools to build your case.
At the Law Offices Of Anthony Carbone, the experienced Jersey City personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. If you’ve sustained an injury or lost a loved one in a work accident, contact Anthony Carbone and the team today at 201-829-3829 to determine the most appropriate legal action.