Late on Child Support Payments in NJ? Read This

Posted May 1st, 2014 by .

Categories: Family Law.

custodyIt happens to us all from time to time. Something happens and we fail to pay a bill or fall behind in a loan payment. You’re constantly play catchup and you feel like there’s no end in sight.

But what if you fall behind on child support payments in NJ? Maybe you lost your job or you just don’t have the money this month. Next thing you know, you’re receiving threatening notices and could be facing jail time. What can you do?

This week, The New Jersey Department of Human Services is currently holding a child support amnesty program. From now until May 3, anyone who is having problems with child support will have the chance to speak to your county probation representative to figure out how to solve your problem. The representatives are ready to work with you by offering the following services:

  • Make payments
  • Set up a payment plan that is reasonable and affordable for you
  • Discuss any discharge of an active warrant
  • Or discuss an order change

If you are living in Hudson County and are in need of assistance, please call the Hudson County Family Division Administration at 1-877-NJKIDS1. If you are in need of legal assistance, rembmer that the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, P.C. are on your side. Contact us today or click here for more information.

Share this Post

Questions about your family law case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat