Can You Really Fight a Traffic Ticket?
It’s something we all try to avoid when driving. Whenever we see a police car on the freeway, it seems like everyone slows down to a crawl until the car has passed. Whenever we see them on the side of the road, the first thing we look at is the speedometer. And sometimes, you just can’t avoid them. But what if you want to contest that traffic ticket? Can you possibly win?
The answer is yes, you can! First know that you do have the choice to claim innocence and go to court. And if you truly believe you were innocent, or the officer had treated you unfairly, than we believe you should go to court to contest the ticket. Like with any case that requires you to go to court, there are pros and cons to the issue. But you should definitely consider going to court if the follow conditions happened:
- When you believe the officer’s view had been obstructed at the time, such a fence between you and his line of sight
- If traffic was heavy at the time and you believe the officer had meant to pull someone else over at the time
- You were driving only slightly above the limit (such as doing 60 in a 55) yet was still driving safely
- You believed the officer had behaved inappropriately at the time of issuing the ticket
- You believe the officer’s equipment had failed to clock you at the correct speed
It is hard to battle a traffic ticket, but it’s not impossible. Just remember that if you do decide to fight the ticket, you will have to go to court at least twice and you may not even win. But if you are willing to fight, then call the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, PC today. For more than 25 years we have been fighting major traffic violations for the people of Hudson County and we are ready to fight for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.