Municipal Court

municipal-court-jersey-city-attorneyYour Advocate in Municipal Court

New Jersey has a system of municipal courts that, among other things, handle offenses that are not serious enough to be considered criminal. Although the penalties for these offenses are less serious, they can add up and have other long-term consequences.

Jersey City defense lawyer Anthony Carbone is here to help you figure out how to respond to municipal charges. Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, P.C. to schedule a free confidential consultation with our Newark criminal attorney.

Wondering What to Do About a Traffic Charge?

A traffic ticket may seem like a trivial legal matter, but convictions for traffic violations can have significant consequences.

Serious offenses: Certain traffic violations are serious and could land you in jail or result in lengthy license suspension: reckless driving, driving while suspended or driving without insurance. If you are involved in a car accident, a current or previous traffic violation can affect your ability to get compensation for your injuries. Jersey City car accident attorney Anthony Carbone works to get charges reduced or negotiates lesser penalties.

Traffic tickets: Under the New Jersey DMV’s points system, too many traffic violations such as speeding or running a stoplight can also result in loss of license. Insurance companies have their own points system. Mr. Carbone may advise entering a plea to a no-point violation to avoid suspension and insurance rate increases, or he may challenge the traffic violation in court. Did the officer tag the wrong vehicle? Was the radar gun accurate? If the officer does not show up for court, the ticket may be dismissed.

In short, we can help you decide what to do about a traffic violation charge.

Learn more about Dealing with Traffic Violations.

Charged as a Disorderly Person?
In addition to traffic violations, certain other offenses are dealt with by the municipal court rather than the county criminal court. Don’t make the mistake of taking these lightly. The fact is, municipal court can be serious and you could go to jail if the charges aren’t resolved favorably.

One such offense is disorderly persons, also known as disorderly conduct. If you have been charged as a disorderly person, you need a defense lawyer in New Jersey who understands what this means for you and how to defend you.

Contact us to discuss your municipal court charges with an experienced criminal attorney in Newark.

Have questions about your municipal court case?

We can help! With a proven track record, a strong work ethic, and extensive knowledge of the law, you cannot go wrong when you choose The Law Offices of Anthony Carbone.

    Live Chat
    Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

      Back to Top
      Live Chat