How to Deal with Traffic Violations

Posted October 29th, 2010 by .

Categories: Criminal Defense.

Traffic violations can be minor such as unsafe lane change, minor speeding, or failure to yield the right of way. Other violations such as Driving Under the Influence (DUI) can be felonies and result in jail time and large fines. If you have been cited for a traffic violation, you need to do your homework and then decide if you need the assistance of an attorney who handles these types of cases.

If you receive a minor infraction, it may just be best to pay the fine or show up in court to try to get the points and/or fine reduced, but if you are facing a serious moving violation, or if you have more than one moving violation on your driving record, you may want to seek out the legal assistance of a qualified traffic violations attorney such as Anthony Carbone, serving Jersey City, Newark, and surrounding areas of New Jersey. Mr. Carbone has handled thousands of these cases in his twenty years of practice, and he may be able to get your citation reduced or thrown out altogether.

If you are pulled over, our main suggestion is to be polite and cooperative. If you are belligerent, defensive, or angry, then you will only complicate manners. You should be respectful of the officer who pulled you over, but you are entitled to ask questions and request information such as if you were speeding and how your speed determined (laser, radar, etc.). You should also examine your citation for any inaccuracies. Before deciding if you should just pay the fine, or if you should go to court to “fight” the ticket, you should consult an experienced traffic violations lawyer such as Mr. Carbone.

For over twenty years, Anthony Carbone has helped the residents of New Jersey avoid hefty fines and even jail time for traffic violations. If you are a repeat offender, you really should contact Mr. Carbone to get his advice on what to do with your ticket. He knows New Jersey traffic law inside and out and has the knowledge, experience, and resources to advise you on how best to proceed to minimize your punishment.

If you live in Newark, Jersey City, or a surrounding area of New Jersey, please contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, P.C. to schedule a consultation to discuss the details of your traffic violation.

Share this Post

Questions about your criminal defense case?

Contact Us Today
Live Chat
Celebrating 35 Years in Practice!

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    Back to Top
    Live Chat