Reminder About New Jersey Motorcycle Safety
Posted April 27th, 2018 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Auto Accidents.
When it comes to the road, you’ve got that covered too because the highway you are riding on is one that you take daily and are quite familiar with. But out of the blue, a driver cuts in front you and you get thrown off your motorcycle.
Sadly, the bike did not make it. It suffered severe damage as it rolled along the highway until it smacked a guardrail. As for you, you’ll live. But, you didn’t leave unscathed though. Your injuries will put you in the hospital for months with possibly years of rehabilitation ahead.
Safety Tips You Need to Know
Unfortunately, accidents like this happen all too often. Each year around this time, New Jersey motorcyclists are getting ready to hit the streets if they haven’t already. Accidents like the one mentioned above are just one of the many reasons motorcyclists need to be reminded of some common safety tips. Luckily, the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone is here to remind you of a few tips to keep in mind:
- Before taking out your motorcycle, make a quick checklist to see if all of your bike’s equipment is in tip-top shape
- It’s recommended, law or not, that all cyclists wear a helmet when traveling. It can save your life
- The speed limit isn’t a recommendation, it’s the law
- Use your bike’s turn signals to keep drivers alert for your next move. Consider using hand signals as well, in case other drivers can’t see your turn signal
- Wear the proper clothing like boots, gloves, and eyewear (mentioned in the earlier example)
- Refresh your memory on motorcycles with a training course
- Don’t text & drive or drink & drive!
Without question, failure to take these precautions can be the reason why motorcycle accidents can translate into tragic events. If you are concerned about securing medical bill payment, we provided information regarding available benefits in a previous article. However, it is highly suggested that you seek the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your accident and the steps necessary to make a claim.
Contact Attorney Carbone
If you or a loved one sustained injuries from a motorcycle accident, contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone. With three decades of experience handling accident injury claims, we can help you get your life back on track