The steps you should take after a slip and fall accident
You’re at the grocery store where you slip on a puddle of water that the store’s employees failed to clean up. You slip, fall and break your hip. After your slip and fall accident, you are immediately taken to the hospital. But what happens next?
Your next steps are extremely important if you plan to pursue a slip and fall accident case against the grocery store. Remember that proving fault is the hardest part of a slip and fall case. However, to make your case go much smoother, here is what you should do:
- Make sure you document everything that happened at the time of the slip and fall accident. Make sure you document the accident as soon as possible, while it’s still fresh in your mind. Some of the details to write down are:
- The circumstances that caused you to slip and fall
- Any visible objects or defect that could have contributed to the fall
- Dangerous conditions in the area
- Were there any warning signs around the danger?
- If you were injured, make sure you receive medical attention straight away, even if the injury is minor. Make sure you tell your doctor as much about the accident as possible, so he can give you an accurate diagnosis, another key piece of evidence.
- After seeking medical treatment, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Make sure the lawyer you choose has handled cases of this nature before. By choosing an attorney who specializes in slip and fall cases, he/she will know exactly what is needed in order to get a positive outcome for your case.
No accident is ever easy, especially if you are injured. But by choosing the right lawyer, your case will be.
If you need a personal injury lawyer, choose the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, PC. Our experienced Jersey City attorney has more than 25 years of experience in dealing with slip and fall accident cases like yours. Contact us today for a free consultation.