Summertime brings an increase in auto accidents
Posted July 18th, 2014 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Auto Accidents.
When you think of an auto accident, you generally think of poor road conditions or terrible visibility or careless driving. You may think the majority of accidents happen during the wintertime months. But you would be wrong. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, the busy month for auto accidents is just around the corner in August. The reason? The experts at AAA claim the reason may be because more people go on road trips in the summer months than in winter time.
Of course, the threat of an auto accident isn’t going to stop us from getting in our cars and going for a drive. But are there ways to protect yourself from something as unpredictable as an accident? Of course, there is! Here are some handy tips to keep in mind when going on the roads this summer:
- Stay alert at all times. You may be able to see trouble coming before it actually happens.
- Avoid driving when tired. As we learned earlier this month, fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drinking and driving.
- Got a text? It can wait. Anytime you are distracted while behind the wheel, the easier it is for you to get into an accident.
- Make sure all your passengers are buckled in and aren’t a distraction. Children can get easily bored with a trip to grandma’s house but make sure they aren’t climbing all around the car.
- Remember to be aware of your surroundings. If you are changing lanes, use your signal and check to see if you’re in the clear.
- Don’t drink and drive and don’t go too fast.
If you do get into an auto accident, make sure you don’t claim responsibility. Instead, contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone. We have more than 25 years of experience in auto accidents and we can help you get back on the road. And don’t forget to download our accident support app!