Weekend Safety Tips, Part 13: Staying Safe at the Office
Posted August 28th, 2015 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Workers Compensation.
Ok, so it’s the weekend and we’re talking about workplace accidents today. Hey, some people work the weekend! The fact is workplace accidents can happen to anyone, whether you’re working at a construction site or you spend eight hours in front of a computer. It doesn’t matter what your work environment is like — you can easily get hurt.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 102 fatal workplace accidents in New Jersey in 2013. The most dangerous occupation is construction; however sales and office occupations are also on the list. These numbers are an increase from previous years and the number one cause of fatal workplace accidents is auto accidents, followed by workplace violence.
We want everyone out there to be safe this summer. And in continuing effort to keep your summer injury free, the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone would like to offer some safety tips on avoiding workplace accidents:
- Always stay alert while on the job. If you are sleepy, you are more at risk of getting into an accident.
- Beware of any clutter that may be around your desk or on the floor in your office. This will prevent any slip and fall injuries.
- Always follow the safety guidelines when it goes to doing a task.
- Keep a close eye on anything that may turn into a accident and let your manager know.
- Make sure if there is a danger, such as a water leak, signs are posted to alert employees.
And if you do have a workplace accident and need help with your workers’ compensation claim, we’re here to help! Contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today for a free consultation.