What to do after an Auto Accident
Posted January 17th, 2013 by Anthony Carbone, PC.
Categories: Auto Accidents.
Following a car accident in New Jersey, there are certain steps you will need to take to protect both your physical and financial well being. However, the moments following auto accidents can often be incredibly confusing, making it difficult to remember what needs to be accomplished to help guarantee proper compensation.
New Jersey auto accident attorney Anthony Carbone offers the following list of dos and don’ts that you can print out and carry in your glove box for easy reference.
How to Protect Yourself after a Car Accident
Following a car accident, you should:
- Contact 911 and cooperate with all emergency personnel
- Get the name, license number, insurance information, and contact information from all involved drivers
- Get the name and contact information of all witnesses
- Take pictures from multiple angles with a cellphone or camera
- Contact your insurance company
- Make an appointment with your doctor for a thorough examination
- Contact New Jersey car accident attorney Anthony Carbone at 201-963-6000
Following an accident you should not:
- Admit fault – not to anyone, not under any circumstances
- Become confrontational with other drivers
- Accept an insurance offer before talking to Mr. Carbone
If you have been involved in a car accident anywhere in Essex or Hudson County, New Jersey, please contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone to schedule a free consultation today.