Car accidents increase at Thanksgiving. Be careful.
Thanksgiving is a time when we sit down with our loved ones and share a meal together. It’s a symbol of family and of home. But if you’re travelling to see your family this Thanksgiving, you better be careful.
Thanksgiving is one of the most heavily traveled holidays of the year. According to a recent article in USA Today, AAA projects that 46.3 million people will travel at least 50 miles during Thanksgiving this year and more than 89 percent of those travelers will drive, thanks to lower gas mileage. And with more drivers on the road, the more likely auto accidents will occur – According to the National Safety Council, approximately 418 people could be killed during the holiday and 44,700 injured while driving next week.
Car accidents definitely put a damper on the holiday season. And here at the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, we want everyone to arrive at their loved one’s home safely to enjoy a nice turkey dinner. So if you’re heading out on the road next week, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Stay alert at all times. You may be able to see trouble coming before it actually happens.
- Avoid driving when tired. Fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drinking and driving.
- Got a text? It can wait. Any time you are distracted while behind the wheel, the easier it is for you to get into an accident.
- Make sure all your passengers are buckled in and aren’t a distraction. Find something to distract the kids during the trip, they can get easily bored.
- Remember to be aware of your surroundings. If you are changing lanes, use your signal and check to see if you’re in the clear.
- Don’t drink and drive and don’t go too fast.
If you get into a car accident and in need of legal advice, then you need personal injury lawyer Anthony Carbone. With more than 26 years of experience, our experienced Super Lawyer can get you the help that you need. Contact us today for a free consultation.